Monday, December 27, 2010

Emma's birthday

Was wide awake at 5am. 12 hours sleep the previous night/day was too much I guess. 5am isn't bad. Had breakfast, then so much time.
Scrambled eggs with potato, broccoli, tomato and cheese.
The kid and I walked the dof for nearly 2 hours.

He fell asleep afterwards and was an unmovable lump for most of the day.

Quick snack. Then boy and I went to Stockmann to buy fancy bread-makin' ingredients.
I bought a handful of macadamia nuts and ate them. (So expensive.)

 Another snack.
 Man bought Nepalese for lunch.
Green Smoothie
2 heaping spoons probiotic yogurt
1/2 a banana
1/2 cup OJ
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen spinach

It was pretty good. The first sip was a bit funny. Tasted like spinach. Then it was good.
Dinner was salad, veg with hummus, potatoes and pickled herring. Glass of milk too.

No eating after dinner, 2nd day in a row. Also no sweets. Feels so good. I'm going to be alcohol free in 2011 too. I had a few sips of red wine and it made me want to throw up. I'm just not into it anymore. Ha. I have plans to go out Tuesday night to watch my friends embarass themselves. They are hunting men. I obviously cannot wait to watch. Not that it should be difficult for a couple 20 somethings.

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine here
    If I had to judge based on today's activities... Katie would win!
    Linda Valenta and her parents came for lunch. I made chili and even though the beans soaked for 24 hours, they were hard. Linda and Ben wanted fish and chips..so we had that. ugh. Wine was served at before and at lunch ugh ugh. Linda brought a delicious chocolate cake from Vienna and we had it for dessert. tasted so good but ugh ugh ugh. The others had more wine and cookies. We finally ate the chili for dinner and Ben and Dad are haivng libations and watching hockey. So we have had meat, alcohol, sweets and more. Poor Max just wanted to go home. I think it got too noisy. Oh, the early part of the visit with the Valentas, neighbours came in and shared wine also. think I am uo to 4 or 5 ughs.
    love, Mom; "feeling yucky, full and in need of some real food" and not feeling like I will be a very good judge of this challenge.

    ReplyDelete